Stanley parts identification

  • Advertise with us

« back to Hand Tools forum

Forum topic by GeneralDisorder posted 11-04-2014 04:07 AM 765 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View GeneralDisorder's profile


45 posts in 975 days

11-04-2014 04:07 AM

Found this pair of Stanley labeled parts in a box of junk. Anybody know what they are? Plane parts?

2 replies so far

View Deycart's profile


444 posts in 1893 days

#1 posted 11-04-2014 05:52 AM

My friend you have all the pieces to a Stanley 49 auger bit depth gauge. Just use the two screws to clamp the sides around and auger and you got a depth stop. I have been shopping for one for a while, but haven’t found one at the right price.

View GeneralDisorder's profile


45 posts in 975 days

#2 posted 11-04-2014 01:05 PM

Cool!! I’ll fasten it to one of the bits that I also never use!!

I would trade towards an egg beater drill.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics