clark lathe

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodturning forum

Forum topic by 3285jeff posted 10-21-2014 07:25 PM 801 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View 3285jeff's profile


152 posts in 1743 days

10-21-2014 07:25 PM

Does anyone know about a clark lathe,,,,i just seen one on you tube turning a pen and just though i would ask about this lathe,,,,actually i have never heard of it,,,any comments would be appricated

2 replies so far

View TheDane's profile


5441 posts in 3689 days

#1 posted 10-21-2014 09:22 PM

Clark lathes are machinist lathes … you could turn wood on them, but not what they were intended for.

-- Gerry -- "I don't plan to ever really grow up ... I'm just going to learn how to act in public!"

View Wildwood's profile


2322 posts in 2160 days

#2 posted 10-21-2014 09:54 PM

If visit IAP will find a thread devoted to metal lathes.

Most of those folks make their own components for kit less pens.

People have always converted metal lathes to turn wood, but not so common today. Many turners have both wood and small metal lathes.

Years ago could buy metal spinning tools as optional equipment for some wood lathes. You can still buy those tools and accessories but wood lathe vendors do not offer them today.

-- Bill

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics