Whatsit ?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Hand Tools forum

Forum topic by racerglen posted 10-13-2014 04:43 PM 1162 views 0 times favorited 9 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View racerglen's profile


3112 posts in 2803 days

10-13-2014 04:43 PM

OK, this arrived along with a lot of other stuff as my mom in law moved, yes it’s a clamp of the C type, missing the swivel pad at the end of the screw.
What I can’t figure is the other end, where the pad would land on ?

It’s rounded ? and the screw looks to be too short to made with that rounded area (maybe that’s why the mickey mouse eared top ?)

-- Glen, B.C. Canada

9 replies so far

View Bill White's profile

Bill White

4948 posts in 3983 days

#1 posted 10-13-2014 05:05 PM

Looks to me as if it was one of the clamps for applying a patch on inner tubes. They would have a “fingered” pad for applying the patch.
Guessing at best.


View a1Jim's profile


117115 posts in 3600 days

#2 posted 10-13-2014 05:09 PM

Ditto what Bill said.

-- wood crafting & woodworking classes

View MrRon's profile


4793 posts in 3266 days

#3 posted 10-13-2014 05:12 PM

It could be a part for clamping a meat grinder to a table top.

View racerglen's profile


3112 posts in 2803 days

#4 posted 10-13-2014 05:12 PM

Ah..that makes sense, But I’m, getting too many of these odball thingies, may have to move to make room !
Thanks guys !

-- Glen, B.C. Canada

View Dan Lyke's profile

Dan Lyke

1520 posts in 4148 days

#5 posted 10-13-2014 08:11 PM

Yeah, I’m going with “clamp something to a table/counter edge”. Looks like the clamps that hold my pasta maker on a countertop edge.

-- Dan Lyke, Petaluma California,

View Dallas's profile


3599 posts in 2510 days

#6 posted 10-13-2014 08:18 PM

The official name in the book of ‘According to Dallas’, is that it is called a ‘damifino’.

There ya go. Sell it on eBay for $459,000, but I get 10%.

-- Improvise.... Adapt...... Overcome!

View johnstoneb's profile


2932 posts in 2195 days

#7 posted 10-13-2014 09:36 PM

Bill White is all over it. My Dad had several of these. No we didn’t save any of them. They just caused work. Breaking down a tire and wheel to patch the tube is not fun..

-- Bruce, Boise, ID

View Roger's profile


20928 posts in 2827 days

#8 posted 10-19-2014 11:21 PM

Ball joint press???

-- Roger from KY. Work/Play/Travel Safe. Keep your dust collector fed.

View Westernspirit's profile


13 posts in 1338 days

#9 posted 10-20-2014 12:20 AM

Looks much like the clamp to hold an old style bench vice to the work bench but this style usually used two.

-- Western Spirit Bev

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics