Picked up this lathe and tools from an estate sale in mid-Kansas. Can anyone help me with finding ch

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodturning forum

Forum topic by Taknora posted 10-06-2014 08:11 PM 1662 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Taknora's profile


3 posts in 1585 days

10-06-2014 08:11 PM

Topic tags/keywords: lathe turning question

I found this at an estate sale in mid-Kansas. Can anyone help me find some new chucks or maybe a face plate to mount on this guy? Any help would be outstanding.

-- MM1/SS (Ret)

3 replies so far

View Nubsnstubs's profile


1435 posts in 1970 days

#1 posted 10-06-2014 10:26 PM

I think you’re going to be out of luck in finding a chuck for that. If you know a machinist, you could get an adapter made to fit any chuck.
If you do get a chuck, get a good one that will fit the last lathe you purchase…....... Jerry (in Tucson)

-- Jerry (in Tucson)

View Woodknack's profile


12468 posts in 2620 days

#2 posted 10-07-2014 04:15 AM

Earlier this year someone else had the same question and I think eventually found one for sale, so you might search this website and see if you can find it.

Also, you probably already know this but that type of lathe needs to be oiled to lubricate the spindle.

-- Rick M,

View Bluepine38's profile


3380 posts in 3325 days

#3 posted 10-07-2014 02:30 PM

If you are going to use that lathe, build a guard for that belt drive before it bites you.

-- As ever, Gus-the 80 yr young apprentice carpenter

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics