Hinge Identification for Fine Furniture Fix

  • Advertise with us

« back to Designing Woodworking Projects forum

Forum topic by Scottlj posted 09-15-2014 01:29 PM 886 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Scottlj's profile


87 posts in 1718 days

09-15-2014 01:29 PM

Topic tags/keywords: hinge specialty hinge fine furniture hinge

Hoping an expert can help me ID the hinge below to fix my wife’s table left from her grandmother. It’s a nice table in need of refinishing and it has leaves to expand, but one of the main hinges is busted. I’ve done the usual searches, but I’ll bet this hinge has a particular specialty name I just don’t know, so it doesn’t show up in image searches; just the usual stuff.

Maybe it was just old, or abused somehow, but one of them snapped right in the center of the actuating part of the hinge.

Any clues?
(This one is 1.5” long and .5” wide)


(not sure why pic is showing up sidewise, but… anyway…)

2 replies so far

View bondogaposis's profile


4733 posts in 2352 days

#1 posted 09-15-2014 01:37 PM

Those are Soss hinges, link here.

-- Bondo Gaposis

View Scottlj's profile


87 posts in 1718 days

#2 posted 09-15-2014 02:26 PM


I found this place;

where you can send them a pic plus any markings you see. So ideally they can match.

Thanks for the ID!


Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics