Looking for unusual tool

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodturning forum

Forum topic by Dan Krager posted 07-26-2014 10:09 PM 676 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Dan Krager's profile

Dan Krager

2516 posts in 1268 days

07-26-2014 10:09 PM

Topic tags/keywords: question lathe

I have seen, but don’t remember where, an 18” (or so) hollow tool steel pipe set up with a shop vac adapter that effectively collected the chips from a spindle roughing operation. A relatively short length of tool steel tube was welded to the end of a longer mild steel pipe and sharpened like a roughing tool. Google cannot find it, or I don’t know what else to put in the search field. I could not find any information on LJ, but not saying it isn’t there…I just can’t seem to find it.
Does anyone know where I can retrieve the information to buy one? It was being made for sale for about $80 if I remember correctly.
Thanks in advance for your help.

-- Dan Krager, Olney IL

3 replies so far

View Jerry's profile


1176 posts in 682 days

#1 posted 07-26-2014 10:19 PM

Dan, is this it?

Here’s the website

-- There are good ships and there are wood ships, the ships that sail the sea, but the best ships are friendships and may they always be.

View Dan Krager's profile

Dan Krager

2516 posts in 1268 days

#2 posted 07-26-2014 10:24 PM

Yup, that’s the picture I remember. Thanks Jerry.

-- Dan Krager, Olney IL

View bobasaurus's profile


1930 posts in 2218 days

#3 posted 07-27-2014 12:12 AM

Damn, now I want one myself. The huge messes I make when rough turning things would pretty much go away, sounds amazing.

-- Allen, Colorado

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics