|Forum topic by generic||posted 50 days ago||556 views||0 times favorited||10 replies|
50 days ago
I figured I would share my experience tonight so others could laugh as well.
While changing arbor extensions to go from my 14” blade to a small 10” blade to rip some 2×4’s I noticed what looked like a washer sitting in the bottom of the cabinet in the sawdust. A retrieval magnet also grabbed the bolt that went along with it.
After a few choice words I decided the only thing to do was to open the cabinet, clean it out and try to find where the bolt came from since I doubted that it was an optional thing on a 5hp 14” saw. After taking my router enclosure off and router base, I clean out the loose sawdust and blew everything off. After the dust settled I crawled inside and searched for the open bolt hole. After few minutes of searching and a close inspection of all the internal parts, I found the where the bolt came from.
After a few more choice words, I wiggled my way back out of the cabinet, grabbed the bolt, washer and ratchet, from the top side of the saw (through the insert opening) I proceed to install the bolt that would hold the splitter back into its hole and tightened it good.
As I proceeded to re-install my router table setup I kept thinking, if I would only have looked a little harder before I could have saved myself an hour or so of messing around. I guess on the bright side, now I know what the inside of my saw looks like. ;-)