I bought 3 rolling display cabinets a few weeks ago at the thrift store.
(I paid $3.98 each for them and just really wanted the casters and hardware, but decided to see what I could use them for as is.)
I stacked one on top of the other due to lack of floor space and pushed them in and out of the shop like that.
Yesterday I unstacked them to do some work and noticed that the end of one had pulled loose.
The cabinets are particle board with a laminate on both sides. Nothing super strong, but worth a little time and effort to try to salvage.
As I didn’t want to do a major disassemble and repair I thought I’d see if some Titebond II would hold it all together.
Since it was pulled out about 1/4 inch at the top and tapered to flush fit at the bottom my concern was getting glue all the way down the joint.
I’ve used syringes and thin scraper blades, but I really wanted the glue all the way down.
Then it hit me…blow the glue into the crack with compressed air.
I put the glue in the crack and used a tiewrap to work it in a little, then took the air gun and tried a little low pressure air. It worked like a charm although if you get to close or use too much pressure it will blow back out of the crack and onto your glasses (not that it happened to me….twice.)
I repeated to process three or four times until I felt there was enough glue to clamp the end back in place.
Evidently, two times would have been enough as a LOT of glue pushed back out under pressure.
But there wasn’t any doubt the joint was filled.
-- Pete, "It isn't broken, you just aren't using it right."