oil based equivalent of GF's Burnt Umber

  • Advertise with us

« back to Finishing forum

Forum topic by jimmy J posted 05-05-2014 02:07 AM 741 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View jimmy J's profile

jimmy J

229 posts in 2348 days

05-05-2014 02:07 AM

I’ve read a lot of posts talking about using Burnt Umber as a glaze. I am going to be using an oil base (Arm-r-seal) under the glaze, so am hesitant about using the water based Burnt Umber. Is there an color equivalent in oil? Or should I just use a coat of shellac between them?

1 reply so far

View dawsonbob's profile


2823 posts in 1724 days

#1 posted 05-05-2014 02:16 AM

Have you considered going to the art store and getting a tube of burnt umber oil paint? You’ll need the large size tube, but I would think it would work.

-- Mistakes are what pave the road to perfection

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics