Harbor Freight 8" Drill Press Parts

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by fstellab posted 05-03-2014 04:30 AM 1283 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View fstellab's profile


86 posts in 2081 days

05-03-2014 04:30 AM

Hi Folks,

I purchased the HF 9” Drill Press about a year ago.

The Tension Spring for the feed bar broke, an it looks like I must have lost the spring cap a while back.

I called HF cust service, they said that they do not provide those parts any more.

Any ideas where I could get those parts or some sort of solution ?



-- Fred Stellabotte (

3 replies so far

View JAAune's profile


1798 posts in 2312 days

#1 posted 05-03-2014 09:19 PM

Perhaps McMaster Carr will have a spring. Try checking out “constant force spring” and see if anything looks about the right size. You might be able to get one of them to work.

The cap you’ll probably just need to replace with a piece of scrap sheet metal or something like that.


-- See my work at and

View woodchuckerNJ's profile


1274 posts in 1630 days

#2 posted 05-03-2014 09:47 PM

I’m betting half the drill presses that are similar in size will have the same setup.
See if you can get parts for them.
Look at them carefully first. See if you can look at an exploded diagram.

-- Jeff NJ

View bandit571's profile


19972 posts in 2679 days

#3 posted 05-03-2014 09:49 PM

walk into a Menards store, and you will see the same tool, only it is painted white. Ask them about parts for THAT one.

-- A Planer? I'M the planer, this is what I use

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics