Need help changing router plate on router table

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodworking Skill Share forum

Forum topic by peytone posted 03-23-2014 11:02 PM 739 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View peytone's profile


5 posts in 1492 days

03-23-2014 11:02 PM

My first post. Thanks to all for the information I’ve gained in the last couple of years from all of the knowledgeable posts I’ve read here! “Retired” (I would much prefer “transitiioning” or “quit working”) and trying to become a woodworker over the past 2 years.

My question is , can I convert my existing router table top which has a 9”x12” plate to 9 1/4” x 11 3/4” safely or must I start over with a new table top? Thanks in advance.

-- Peyton, CA, http//

1 reply so far

View pjones46's profile


1001 posts in 2609 days

#1 posted 03-24-2014 03:17 PM

They make the router tops to match with a specific size top inserts. Personally I know of no way to do what you want to do. That being said, it sound like you want to use a particular router lift and it only comes with the 9 1/4” x 11 ¾ plate. Again, other than changing the top, you could try to take the plate portion to a machine shop/vocational school machine shop and try to duplicate the plate lift mounting holes into a 9”x12” plate.

IMHO, bite the bullet and make or buy a new top.

Good luck.

-- Respectfully, Paul

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics