Please please help me before I pull the rest of my hair out!!!

  • Advertise with us

« back to Scrollsawing forum

Forum topic by Jerry_Aussie posted 03-23-2014 03:27 AM 1170 views 0 times favorited 4 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Jerry_Aussie's profile


1 post in 1400 days

03-23-2014 03:27 AM

Hi everybody…I’m new here as of about 3 minutes ago. I have been ripping my hair out here, can someone please tell me…what do you call it when you take a piece of square stock and using a scroll saw cut…for example…a deer, then turn the piece 90 degrees and cut…maybe an eagle or something. So you have 2 carvings on the same piece…depending which side you look from. I used to have lots of pattens for these but without knowing what they are called…I can’t find any online.
Thanks heaps in anticipation.

4 replies so far

View Monte Pittman's profile

Monte Pittman

27728 posts in 2212 days

#1 posted 03-23-2014 03:35 AM

Look up fellow LJ -Sheila Landry (scrollgirl)

She is our master at scroll work

welcome to Lumberjocks

-- Mother Nature created it, I just assemble it.

View ddockstader's profile


155 posts in 3136 days

#2 posted 03-23-2014 04:55 AM

I believe you are referring to Compound Cutting. There are several books on the subject.

View Mustang67's profile


110 posts in 1428 days

#3 posted 03-23-2014 05:22 AM

I think the words you looking for are ambiguous image.

View Jim Finn's profile

Jim Finn

2599 posts in 2796 days

#4 posted 03-23-2014 07:45 PM

compound cutting yes.

-- No PHD, but I have a GED and my DD 214

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics