What is this old Crafstman tool?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Hand Tools forum

Forum topic by WoodenShoe posted 03-13-2014 05:19 PM 948 views 0 times favorited 4 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View WoodenShoe's profile


3 posts in 1562 days

03-13-2014 05:19 PM

A coworker of mine found this in a box when he picked up an old table saw. The sides look like some sort of depth gauge and there seems to be some sort of miter gauge under it.

4 replies so far

View JKMDETAIL's profile


212 posts in 1682 days

#1 posted 03-13-2014 05:23 PM

Looks like a push shoe for pushing stock across the saw or joiner. Even has depth gage to use.

View bandit571's profile


20247 posts in 2710 days

#2 posted 03-13-2014 05:24 PM

Push block. Can be used on a Jointer, can be used on a table saw, and a router table that they sold.

The metal bar is for the mitre slots. There are notches for setting the depth of a blade or a bit.

That protractor scale is for use with the metal bar. Use it like a mitre gauge’s protractor.

One of them all-in-one tools….

-- A Planer? I'M the planer, this is what I use

View WoodenShoe's profile


3 posts in 1562 days

#3 posted 03-13-2014 05:42 PM

Thanks, that is what I assumed but the way the parts are held in with screws and not so captive nuts it makes using it a bit unfriendly. Could this be why I don’t see more of them?

View greenacres2's profile


324 posts in 2195 days

#4 posted 03-13-2014 06:30 PM

That’s good to know. I got one in a box of stuff a few years ago—had never figured it out. I now see that i’m missing the slide on the end to push with and the depth gauge from the side. Now i can throw it out in peace and good conscience!!

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics