As I’ve been getting more and more into wood working over the past few years, I’ve decided the the general home store really isn’t the best place to get quality wood. Especially if you’re going for some hard wood. I’ve done a decent amount of research to find wood suppliers around the Phoenix AZ area. Many of these suppliers are wholesalers but will still sell to hobbyist. I haven’t been to many of these places so I’m looking for feedback on the best ones.
If you have any comments or experience with these or other suppliers, please let me know and I will update this list.
- American Hardwoods South Phoenix
1401 E Hadley St
Phoenix, AZ 85034
- Arizona Hardwoods
27th Ave & Thomas
- Woodworkers Source 2 locations, higher prices but decent sales
645 W Elliot Rd
Tempe, AZ 85284
18115 N Black Canyon Hwy
Phoenix, AZ 85023
- Rockler Small project selection
4626 E Thunderbird Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85032
- Lumber Products CLOSED?
6920 W Allison Rd
Chandler, AZ 85226
- Heldt Lumber Mostly construction grade material with lots of plywood. See danoaz’s update below
5712 N 7th St,
Phoenix, AZ 85014
- Peterman Lumber Selection of hardwoods, slabs, plywood, glues, blades & router bits.
4110 W. Washington St. Ste 200
Phoenix, AZ 85009
Updated: 8/17/15 – added Heldt Lumber
Updated: 5/11/16 – Added Pterman Lumber Per Steve & Wine Glass Bar Sawmill per ME
-- Check out my projects at https://www.monolocoworkshop.com or at https://www.youtube.com/user/trmoser/videos