Dust Collector Ports - Where do you get them?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by Newbiewoodworker43 posted 03-12-2014 08:10 PM 841 views 0 times favorited 7 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Newbiewoodworker43's profile


150 posts in 2440 days

03-12-2014 08:10 PM

I recently got a Delta 50-850 on CL and am now starting to set up my DC system. Where do you get your ports, connectors, hose, etc.?

I looked on HF and they have limited selection. I will need 4” ports for the TS, mitre saw, jointer, band saw, etc.


-- ---Howard, Amesbury MA

7 replies so far

View Richard's profile


1916 posts in 2688 days

#1 posted 03-12-2014 08:15 PM

Some of the places I have found them.
HD , Lowes , Woodcraft , Rockler and a whole lot of other woodworking tool sites.

View WhyMe's profile


1013 posts in 1558 days

#2 posted 03-12-2014 08:17 PM

I got most of my ports from

View Fred Hargis's profile

Fred Hargis

4985 posts in 2491 days

#3 posted 03-12-2014 08:20 PM

Most of my stuff is cobbled together HVAC “starter collars”, though I have used a couple of the plastic factory jobs.

-- Our village hasn't lost it's idiot, he was elected to congress.

View bigblockyeti's profile


5120 posts in 1718 days

#4 posted 03-12-2014 08:27 PM

I get my ports from Lowes. 3” schedule 40 PVC couplers have almost exactly a 4” OD and are cheap. Usually I’ll epoxy them into plywood forming a flange that is then screwed to the body of whatever machine needs dust collection. The total cost outlay for one of these ports is less than $4 but doesn’t include any kind of blast gate.

View BoardSMITH's profile


121 posts in 2261 days

#5 posted 03-12-2014 08:40 PM

Metal parts from the Blast Gate Co. Google it for the correct web site address. Decent prices, very good product and extremely quick shipping.

-- David

View woodchuckerNJ's profile


1274 posts in 1631 days

#6 posted 03-12-2014 08:48 PM

So I think that collector has 2×4” and the wye is not removable.
If it were removable consider putting in 6” piping in a central vein with wye’s off it.
Goto a plumbing or full service hardware store.. they will have 6 and 4” sewer and drain piping, and the fittings for it.

I make all my own gates, I prefer self cleaning gates over the crap they sell.
To make the output for my tools to 4” I take a 4” pipe, cut it to lenght, about 2 ”.. then I take a 3/4” approx section out and glue the pipe back together, and use that 3/4 “section for the splice.

Now you can connect hose to it.

Get hose at HF , woodcraft or rockler., ptree… I like the woodcraft hose it has just the right flexibility and smoothness from my last purchase… not sure if it’s the same now.

-- Jeff NJ

View Charlie75's profile


312 posts in 2262 days

#7 posted 03-12-2014 11:50 PM

I got most of my stuff from Woodcraft. Hose included. I watch for sales which come up on ocation. If you are going to need blast gates I would not buy the plastic ones from Woodcraft. Get the aluminum ones. The plastic load up in the bottom and soon the gates will not be able to close completely. The aluminum are open at the bottom and have never given me any trouble.


-- Charlie75, Alto

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics