Burl top finishing questions

  • Advertise with us

« back to Finishing forum

Forum topic by Ingjr posted 03-12-2014 01:18 AM 771 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View Ingjr's profile


144 posts in 2986 days

03-12-2014 01:18 AM

Working on a small maple round burl top for a end table. It’s in pretty good shape except for a couple of small cracks, some planer tear out and one small knot/inclusion. What epoxy should I use to fill in the inclusions and cracks. I’ve been able to plane and scrape most of the tear-out away and will probably get it a little better yet. I’d like to also use a epoxy for the finishing part of the project. Is there an epoxy that can be used for both? Any suggestions or experiences finishing a burl top would be appreciated as I’m not firm on any finishing schedule yet. TIA, Don Jr.

-- The older I get the faster I was.

1 reply so far

View mahdee's profile


3874 posts in 1737 days

#1 posted 03-12-2014 02:08 AM

Hi JR,
I think you can use any two way epoxy that dries clear. You can also incorporate gems and there material to fill the voids.


Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics