Diamond sharpening stone for combered irons

  • Advertise with us

« back to Hand Tools forum

Forum topic by fredd3039 posted 03-01-2014 03:41 AM 1596 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View fredd3039's profile


14 posts in 2145 days

03-01-2014 03:41 AM

Chris Schwarz was using a diamond plate in one of his videos that had a hollow in it for sharpening cambered Irons. Does anyone know what the plate is called or where I can order one.

1 reply so far

View alohafromberkeley's profile


257 posts in 2370 days

#1 posted 03-01-2014 11:27 PM

I think you’re referring to the Toshio Odate crowning plate. Available from Highland, Tools For Working Wood, Japan Woodworker among a few sources. A warning- they are pricey at over $100 bucks….Wes

-- "After a year of doing general farmwork, it was quite clear to me that chickens and I were not compatible"-George Nakashima

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics