Sam Maloof wooden hinge tbales

  • Advertise with us

« back to Joinery forum

Forum topic by ballsofclay posted 02-04-2014 04:42 PM 3044 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View ballsofclay's profile


12 posts in 1358 days

02-04-2014 04:42 PM

I am scouring the web and having trouble finding information on these. Are there any resources for a how-to on this joint? I am talking about the ones Sam Maloof used to make drop-leaf tables.

2 replies so far

View mahdee's profile


3815 posts in 1547 days

#1 posted 02-04-2014 04:48 PM

It is a hinge. I recall seeing a post here on LJ where he made this type of hinge very easy. Search for wooden hinge.


View HerbC's profile


1663 posts in 2639 days

#2 posted 02-04-2014 05:07 PM

Look at this blog by Shipwright.

Good Luck!

Be Careful!


-- Herb, Florida - Here's why I close most messages with "Be Careful!"

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics