panel cutters

  • Advertise with us

« back to Wood & Lumber forum

Forum topic by 3285jeff posted 01-25-2014 03:16 PM 774 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View 3285jeff's profile


152 posts in 1712 days

01-25-2014 03:16 PM

Can anyone tell me where I can buy a full sheet plywood cutter like the one lowes or home depot uses!!

3 replies so far

View thesoninlaw's profile


97 posts in 1780 days

#1 posted 01-25-2014 04:49 PM

Just google ‘panel saw’ and you will find more than you care to look at.

View RockyTopScott's profile


1186 posts in 3473 days

#2 posted 01-26-2014 02:49 AM

Grizzly has one I think.

-- “When you want to help people, you tell them the truth. When you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear.” ― Thomas Sowell

View eltee's profile


18 posts in 1584 days

#3 posted 01-26-2014 04:26 AM

Are you doing high volume work that requires breaking down dozens of 8×4 sheets quickly? I was looking at the one at my local Lowes today and talking to the guy running it. They’re apparently about as accurate as they look, which is to say about a step up from an ax. They’re designed to give quick, rough cuts to sheet goods and wide boards. It does nothing to flatten the sheet while being cut or measured, so how it’s bowed will affect the accuracy of the cut. Tear out is usually awful because of a total lack of support for the cut… Oh, and they’re HUGE!

Unless you’re, in fact, talking big volume, you’re probably better off with a track saw or even a circular saw with an edge guide.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics