Is there a name for this style/school of wooden light fixture?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Designing Woodworking Projects forum

Forum topic by slamDan posted 12-09-2013 03:20 PM 832 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View slamDan's profile


2 posts in 1774 days

12-09-2013 03:20 PM

For context – saw this in a 2005 BBC series about WWII in a German office. Not 100% about the accuracy of it, but the production values were pretty good so I think it might be time/place accurate. Any thoughts or ideas very much appreciated.

And here’s a big (10MB) gif of it that gives a better sense of its shape:

2 replies so far

View dhazelton's profile


2513 posts in 1903 days

#1 posted 12-09-2013 03:35 PM

It looks like a cross between Craftsman and De Stijl (think Ritveld). But a prop person could have just whipped that up as well.

View slamDan's profile


2 posts in 1774 days

#2 posted 12-09-2013 09:03 PM

Thanks, dhazelton, looks like a good lead. I see what you mean with the criss-crossed stick style of De Stijl but with burlier Craftsman materials and curves.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics