• Advertise with us

« back to Site Feedback forum

Forum topic by beachcomer63 posted 12-02-2013 01:43 PM 782 views 0 times favorited 6 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View beachcomer63's profile


3 posts in 1516 days

12-02-2013 01:43 PM

does anyone know where to get medallins or decals saying “from the workshop of..your name” to put on your finished product?....thanks.

-- Austin Clench

6 replies so far

View helluvawreck's profile


29764 posts in 2742 days

#1 posted 12-02-2013 02:40 PM

Woodcraft will make you a custom branding iron. Also, anyone near you that does laser ingraving could make you a medallion out of various different materials.

helluvawreck aka Charles

-- If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. Henry David Thoreau

View Glen Peterson's profile

Glen Peterson

556 posts in 2931 days

#2 posted 12-03-2013 03:39 AM

I’ve seen the brass medallions advertised in that back of FWW. They are British made and pricey. I’ve looked at branding irons on line recently and plan to get an electric one

-- Glen

View Lumber2Sawdust's profile


139 posts in 2740 days

#3 posted 12-03-2013 04:02 AM

Highland Woodworking has them:

I have looked at this, but never tried them. Not cheap, either…

View mantwi's profile


312 posts in 1771 days

#4 posted 12-03-2013 09:00 PM

Try a trophy shop. They will have a broad selection of styles and do the engraving on site. Just drill a few holes for mounting and you’re golden. They are used to one off items and price accordingly but for some volume you may get a break.

View beachcomer63's profile


3 posts in 1516 days

#5 posted 12-04-2013 01:50 AM

Thanks to all how replied to my medallins post. I think i will try a trophy shop…

-- Austin Clench

View Paul Stoops's profile

Paul Stoops

346 posts in 2436 days

#6 posted 12-04-2013 02:35 AM

As another possibility, I have heard of other folks who obtained laser cut/etched medallions from woodworkers or companies who have that kind of equipment by contacting their local woodworking guilds or associations. You might even check with the folks at your local woodworking store (Rockler, Woodcraft, etc.) to see if they know of any local folks who do that kind of work. I would think that would be a project that could be handled by the small bench top units that are becoming popular.

-- Paul, Auburn, WA

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics