rasps, diamond files, files, etc...

  • Advertise with us

« back to Hand Tools forum

Forum topic by Jon1094 posted 11-22-2013 11:32 AM 935 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View Jon1094's profile


41 posts in 2445 days

11-22-2013 11:32 AM

Topic tags/keywords: rasps files diamond files shaping help

I plan on making some wooden hinges and want to round over the edges of the hinge. I think I need needle files or needle rasps. I know that I need a flat curved skinny file of some sort. I’ve been looking all over but can’t find the answer. Can someone just give me the quick version of the difference between needle files, diamond files, diamond rasps, regular rasps and the like? There is so much information it is confusing.

I was thinking I like these but I might need something that is more fine grit but not so fine that I can’t remove any wood. I’m not sure about the quality either.


1 reply so far

View GrandpaLen's profile


1651 posts in 2512 days

#1 posted 11-22-2013 01:57 PM


Sounds to me like your needing that set of Riffler Rasps/Files.
I have a set and they seldom get used, but there is nothing that substitutes.

Work Safely and have Fun. – Grandpa Len.

-- Mother Nature should be proud of what you've done with her tree. - Len ...just north of a stone's throw from the oHIo, river that is, in So. Indiana.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics