Antique Tool Identification

  • Advertise with us

« back to Site Feedback forum

Forum topic by yag113 posted 11-15-2013 04:29 PM 1960 views 0 times favorited 5 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View yag113's profile


28 posts in 1666 days

11-15-2013 04:29 PM

Not sure if this is where I should post this question…is this a tool tool or is it a hair crimper?!

-- Shore Wildlife Rehab

5 replies so far

View JustJoe's profile


1554 posts in 2037 days

#1 posted 11-15-2013 04:53 PM

It’s a curling iron.

-- This Ad Space For Sale! Your Ad Here! Reach a targeted audience! Affordable Rates, easy financing! Contact an ad represenative today at JustJoe's Advertising Consortium.

View Garry00's profile


4 posts in 1897 days

#2 posted 11-15-2013 04:56 PM

My wife was a cosmetologist (hairdresser) and she is certain that its a hair crimping tool. You could possibly use it to shape or form thin veneer.

View yag113's profile


28 posts in 1666 days

#3 posted 11-15-2013 05:00 PM

Thanks guys! Obviously men in touch with their feminine side! Appreciate the input!

-- Shore Wildlife Rehab

View Grandpa's profile


3259 posts in 2674 days

#4 posted 11-15-2013 05:02 PM

yes these are hair crimpers. They are designed to go into a lamp globe to heat them. The wood handles keep you from burning your hand on the metal shanks

View yag113's profile


28 posts in 1666 days

#5 posted 11-15-2013 06:16 PM


-- Shore Wildlife Rehab

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics