Wood glue press

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodturning forum

Forum topic by elking67 posted 10-14-2013 10:59 AM 1057 views 0 times favorited 4 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View elking67's profile


1 post in 1711 days

10-14-2013 10:59 AM

Would anybody know where to get a glue press to glue boards flat. I can find them for end to end but not for flat.
I want to glue up to build rifle stock.
Thanks for the help. Bob

4 replies so far

View LakeLover's profile


283 posts in 1963 days

#1 posted 10-14-2013 12:30 PM

vacum Press

View TheDane's profile


5441 posts in 3687 days

#2 posted 10-14-2013 02:05 PM

Bob … I would joint the faces of the boards to get them flat, then glue and clamp, using as many clamps as you can get on to achieve even clamping pressure.

Not sure why you would need a special ‘press’.

-- Gerry -- "I don't plan to ever really grow up ... I'm just going to learn how to act in public!"

View Woodknack's profile


11774 posts in 2404 days

#3 posted 10-16-2013 07:30 AM

Bob, google “clamping cauls”

-- Rick M,

View Loren's profile


10476 posts in 3672 days

#4 posted 10-16-2013 07:38 AM

A bookbinding press will work on smaller parts.

K-body style clamps exert even pressure for laminations.

If you don’t have flat and parallel faces, even a heavy
press won’t eliminate gaps in all your glue-ups.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics