Angle Grinding

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodcarving forum

Forum topic by Donald's Woodshop posted 08-18-2013 11:41 PM 1058 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Donald's Woodshop's profile

Donald's Woodshop

111 posts in 2112 days

08-18-2013 11:41 PM

I have seen quite a few of the angle grinder boxes, I guess that is what they are called. I tried searching the forums and no luck. I am unable to find anything online. It is something I might want to try but I have no idea how to get started. What kind of wheels to use? Is there a speed that is better than others? Are there any tricks to it? And am I searching the wrong thing, i.e. wording? Thanks.

-- Imperfections make it unique!

3 replies so far

View DaleM's profile


958 posts in 3382 days

#1 posted 08-18-2013 11:44 PM

If I’m understanding what you are looking for, then there was a tutorial on here. Thanks to Andy.

-- Dale Manning, Carthage, NY

View Donald's Woodshop's profile

Donald's Woodshop

111 posts in 2112 days

#2 posted 08-18-2013 11:57 PM

Thanks Dale!

-- Imperfections make it unique!

View RobsonValley's profile


31 posts in 1761 days

#3 posted 08-19-2013 08:34 PM

The wildest beast that I’ve ever seen to do what you want is a power carving wheel for an angle grinder
called a Lancelot = it’s a ring of chainsaw teeth. Do not recall the maker. You need to be physically fit to hang on to it and be prepared for an absolute blizzard of chips.
OTOH, if you want to work larger, longer pieces, there’s always the Log Wizard. It’s like the blade drum out of a jointer which runs on the end of your chainsaw bar.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics