Cabinet above ref.

  • Advertise with us

« back to Designing Woodworking Projects forum

Forum topic by jsturg613 posted 08-12-2013 07:02 AM 648 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View jsturg613's profile


1 post in 1828 days

08-12-2013 07:02 AM

Topic tags/keywords: question

Im adding a cabinet above my ref. It will be easy to match sytle and color.So here the trouble .The ref. is in a little hallway,in fact one door doesnt even open all the way.Because of the space I plan on putting a rolltop type door. on the cabinet .The wife wants a self that pulls out so she can use all the space. but I think once it plulls out it should drop down. Ive looked and cant find any hardware to do this. Any ideas?

1 reply so far

View JustJoe's profile


1554 posts in 2032 days

#1 posted 08-12-2013 01:36 PM

I put a pull-out shelf in one of my base cabinets. It holds all the pots /pans and doesn’t sag any when pulled out, but it’s not as wide as a refridgerator. If your put an internal center divider in that over-fridge cabinet, then you can put two pull-out shelves side by side. They come in many sizes/styles. Home Depot sells some nice chrome ones, as does Lowes. Costco even does special order ones if you give them your dimensions.
Online you’ve got the container store, and these guys:

Or if you google/bing/yahoo/ask jeeves “pull-out cabinet shelves” there are probably a few more.
Hope that helps.
Welcome to LJ.

-- This Ad Space For Sale! Your Ad Here! Reach a targeted audience! Affordable Rates, easy financing! Contact an ad represenative today at JustJoe's Advertising Consortium.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics