kentucky stick chair ( help!!!! )

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodworking Skill Share forum

Forum topic by Woodaholic posted 07-23-2013 11:29 AM 1108 views 1 time favorited 4 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Woodaholic's profile


16 posts in 2975 days

07-23-2013 11:29 AM

Hey guys I’m building the Kentucky stick chair. I need to know where to buy the 5/32 galvanized wire that’s used.. where did you buy it? I’ve messaged people on here just no replies :( thanks

4 replies so far

View ChrisK's profile


1932 posts in 3013 days

#1 posted 07-23-2013 12:19 PM

View William's profile


9949 posts in 2774 days

#2 posted 07-23-2013 12:23 PM

I couldn’t find wire locally.
I used 1/8” all thread and nylon lock nuts.


View crank49's profile


4030 posts in 2902 days

#3 posted 07-23-2013 02:39 PM

If you have a Tractor Supply or Co-Op near by, they have wire called post and brace wire for fencing.
It is 9 gauge which is .1144” diameter.
5/32” is .1563” diameter; a little larger.
McMaster Carr has galvanized or stainless wire .1620” diameter, which is a little bigger.

As a side note, 5/32” is also extremely close to 4mm (3.97mm) and you might be able to fine that.

View HerbC's profile


1727 posts in 2791 days

#4 posted 07-23-2013 05:18 PM

I used 1/8” stainless rod, which I threaded the ends of using a 6-32 die. I used stainless nyloc nuts and washers.

Good Luck.

Be Carefull.


-- Herb, Florida - Here's why I close most messages with "Be Careful!"

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics