What is this thing...

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by JawShoeAh posted 04-11-2013 12:30 AM 1152 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View JawShoeAh's profile


28 posts in 2115 days

04-11-2013 12:30 AM

I might be showing how green I am here, this is my first table saw. Finally decided to give up working with the skilsaw and move on.

I’m restoring a Craftsman 113, and I really have no idea what this spring/bolt/double washer thing is. I’m inclined to just remove it and pretend it never existed, but I know it has to serve some important function.

As an aside (I’m gonna sneak a two-fer in here!) Does anyone know of a way to repair the motor adjuster thing? It looks like it was sheared off. I think I might as well just source a whole new motor mount… That little nub looks like it was press fit in there, and that I will never be able to get it out.

Today I almost finished completely disassembling the saw. I can’t wait to get over to my local parts store and get all new hardware for this thing. The last thing I have to do is get the pin out holding in the arbor washer, then I can get the other bearing off. I can already see the shiny new set of Timken bearings in my future, oh yea!

If anyone is interested, I’ll start a thread or project and detail the re-assembly of this saw. Include some parts numbers, or whatever. The exact model is a 113.27610. I’ll also be putting on a 52” Xacta II fence.

-- .·..-._.·¨ ¤ Joshua

3 replies so far

View newbirdhunter's profile


25 posts in 2137 days

#1 posted 04-11-2013 01:40 AM

Hi there. You can try going here and entering your model number. Should provide a list of parts and exploded diagram.

View JawShoeAh's profile


28 posts in 2115 days

#2 posted 04-11-2013 10:35 AM

I grabbed an exploded diagram from Sears. It just listed that part as a bolt… Didn’t get descriptive lol

-- .·..-._.·¨ ¤ Joshua

View IrreverentJack's profile


727 posts in 3084 days

#3 posted 04-11-2013 07:36 PM

Joshua, It’s the clamp for the splitter. If you haven’t already go to VintageMachinery.Org and get the manual. The two-fer (adjustment lock for the motor table) might have been pressed in. It will still come out with heat and/or penetrating oil. Shouldn’t be hard to replace with a trip to a good hardware store. Worst case you could drill and tap the hole for a small bolt like on a newer Craftsman. -Jack

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics