|Forum topic by russ498||posted 03-22-2013 08:40 AM||2531 views||0 times favorited||3 replies|
03-22-2013 08:40 AM
I developed and quickly lost interest in wood carving. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to purchase high-quality tools at a significant discount. I always buy the very best quality. I purchased all of the tools approximately 18 months ago. Most of the chisels have never touched wood. I did piddle with a few, but all are still factory sharp and as new. The stuff I want to sell is as follows:
1) pfeil Swiss made Brienz Collection Full Size Carving Tool Set, 12 piece, Item #05B57
2) pfeil Swiss made Intermediate Size Carving Tool Set (A), 6 piece, Item #05H02, $154.99 I will take $115 plus shipping. The link is as follows:
3) Maple Carver’s Mallet, Item #141342, $28.69. I will take twenty dollars plus shipping. The following is the link:
4) PowerCarver 400K Ultra High Speed Turbine Carver, $299.00 I will take $250 for this plus shipping. This includes an air gauge, regulator and air valve that is not included with the kit. These items are valued at close to $100. The link is as follows:
5) Foredom flex shaft Carver. This is the hangup style with a dial control. I chose the dial control because I do not like to stand up while I am working. A foot control is available for $35. This unit cost $265. It includes a power chisel with fixed chisel bits the cost $80. The links for both items are as follows:
5) I have a home constructed workbench/downdraft sanding and carving table. This top is a six foot by three foot laboratory table that is two inches thick. The down draft holes are 3/4” so all conventional bench dogs and accessories work with it. It is powered by a twenty-four inch high-volume fan. It thence to the front and is very quiet. It has built-in electric and an air line for the power carver. It is one heavy-duty casters so rolls around relatively easily. This thing is massive. I estimate that it weighs between 500 and 600 pounds. There are over 300 pocket screws holding this together as well as massive amounts of adhesives. This will not come apart with dynamite. It has an oak plywood exterior with oak trim. Keep in mind that it was made as a workbench and not as a piece of furniture. I have way over $1000 invested in this unit. I am asking $500. I will trade for a good quality band saw. Craftsmen and Harbor Freight need not apply.
I priced most of the tools that approximately 75 percent of new cost which I think is more than fair since they were virtually new. I am not willing to negotiate the prices. I will remove the item when it is sold so please do not make inquiries just to find out of the items still available. I will charge actual shipping fees. Obviously, the workbench cannot be shipped and must be picked up in person.
I am located near Baltimore, Maryland.
Please call four four 3-51 seven-337 five