Restoring Craftsman 113.298240 and looking for part 30628

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by dword01 posted 03-19-2013 10:28 AM 1457 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View dword01's profile


2 posts in 1868 days

03-19-2013 10:28 AM


I am restoring my grandfathers 113.298240 Craftsman table saw, and I need the screw for the pivot arm for the motor mount. The part # is 30628, and I can order it from SearsPartsDirect, but it is $3.50 plus shipping for a single screw.

Can anyone tell me what kind/size screw this is, so I can just go get one at OSH or HomeDepot? I’ve found a picture of it (supposedly) here:

There is also the washer that goes on the spring, part #6423 that has the description “washer, spring.” Any info on that part (aside from it just being a washer) would also be appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

3 replies so far

View Dwain's profile


517 posts in 3824 days

#1 posted 03-19-2013 06:07 PM

I don’t know if you have sone this, but you should check Vintage They have a section for this type of search.

-- When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there is no end to what you CAN'T do

View IrreverentJack's profile


727 posts in 2808 days

#2 posted 03-19-2013 07:53 PM

Go to your local hardware store ask for a 1/4-20×5/8” bolt with a star lock washer and a flat washer. The three should be less than a dollar. -Jack

View dword01's profile


2 posts in 1868 days

#3 posted 03-25-2013 10:13 PM

Awesome, thanks for the tip IrreverentJack.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics