How to Find Part for Delta 34-440 Contractors' Saw

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by VietnamF4 posted 03-09-2013 08:45 AM 2180 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View VietnamF4's profile


1 post in 1900 days

03-09-2013 08:45 AM

I recently purchased a Delta 34-440 table saw to be used in constructing cabinets for the closets in our home. I am new to woodworking but am attending the local community college cabinet making course. Where can I locate the shaft that splitter/guard sits on for my saw. I looked on ebay but would like to know where other lumberjocks go when looking for parts for their table saws. Any help would be appreciated.


1 reply so far

View knotscott's profile


8008 posts in 3370 days

#1 posted 03-09-2013 11:36 AM

Brian – I’m not overly knowledgeable on the various models of those older Delta saws…..I found parts for a 34-441 and a 34-444. The 34-441 had a bracket for the blade guard mount, but I did find a shaft for a 34-444. I don’t know how similar your saw is to it…a pic of your saw might help. The part is $63.50 plus s/h, so it’s a very expensive threaded shaft. It might make more sense to find another saw that has the part, strip the part off, and sell the off the other parts.

Maybe someone here will have one available for you. There are some good aftermarket splitters and guards that might make sense too.
Good luck!

-- Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics