Easy set-up to move 4" d/c hose from tool to tool...

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by CrazeeTxn posted 02-25-2013 05:38 PM 1074 views 0 times favorited 7 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View CrazeeTxn's profile


151 posts in 1944 days

02-25-2013 05:38 PM

Howdy all -

I’m looking for a possible simple solution to move my hose from tool to tool. I’ve looked at the Rockler dust Right kit but the more I look at it, the more I think, there has to be a better (cheaper) way.

What about getting some PVC fitting from the hardware store and just sliding the hose on there each time? Would it stay or am I going to have to put a clamp on it each time?

What do ya’ll do?

Thanks for any info…


7 replies so far

View toolie's profile


2121 posts in 2622 days

#1 posted 02-25-2013 06:29 PM






attach (1), or a similar fitting, to the tools. use short lengths of (2) to connect (5) to the DC, using (3), or similar, hose clamp. connect a suitable length of (2) to the non-DC side of (5) and screw (4) into it (it threads on counter clockwise. the quick disconnect (4) mates with the tool fitting(s) (1). better and cheaper than the rockler dust right.

-- there's a solution to every just have to be willing to find it.

View hairy's profile


2701 posts in 3526 days

#2 posted 02-25-2013 06:38 PM

I just went where you’re going.

I recently set this up .

It does what I want.

-- My reality check bounced...

View Cole Tallerman's profile

Cole Tallerman

392 posts in 2179 days

#3 posted 02-26-2013 01:31 AM

All i know is it is very hard to connect flexible hose to pvc and the dust right system works great

View BBrown626's profile


37 posts in 1955 days

#4 posted 02-26-2013 03:50 AM

To connect your dust collector to PVC use this.

To connect your hose to individual pieces it really depends on your equipment. For my tablesaw I have a 4” to 2.5” reducer for the blade guard and a formed connection to the saw housing. The bandsaw has a 4” connection. The portable table saw has a 2.5” connection. I use a 2.5” for the router table at the fence, but 4” in the cabinet.

You will find the flexible hose provides a lot of resistance. Use grounded pvc piping or metal ducting if you can. PVC is much cheaper than the hose.

I bought a rockler kit like the dust right and it was an OK start. My local Ace Hardware has the fittings at much better prices than rockler, woodcraft, amazon.

Everyone has different needs.

View CrazeeTxn's profile


151 posts in 1944 days

#5 posted 02-26-2013 01:38 PM

Good info ya’ll. Very detailed toolie :P

I’ll probably do a combo of the quick connects/handle and some fittings. I’m just a hobbyist so I don’t need anything permanent (yet). I’m definantly going 4” on the t/s, but right now I only have 2 1/2” on everything else. So it looks like I only need about 3 parts then can expand from there.

View JesseTutt's profile


854 posts in 2104 days

#6 posted 02-26-2013 01:53 PM

I am pretty impressed with this.

-- Jesse, Saint Louis, Missouri

View Cosmicsniper's profile


2202 posts in 3152 days

#7 posted 02-26-2013 02:45 PM

The Dust Right system is a pretty darn good solution.

-- jay,

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics