what are these shopsmith pieces?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Hand Tools forum

Forum topic by Holbs posted 02-19-2013 12:42 AM 1726 views 0 times favorited 4 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Holbs's profile


1863 posts in 2024 days

02-19-2013 12:42 AM

While using my Lervad bench i bought at an auction before Christmas, i never opened the doors before underneath. I did last nite. Never even thought to take a peek down there. I found these 3 sets of shopsmith… jacks? spreaders? I tried to looked up shopsmith on google for the pictures, but the only google hits are the shopsmith machines themselves. whatever they are, i like free :)

-- The Carpenter Bee is derived from the Ancient Greek word wood-cutter

4 replies so far

View Don Broussard's profile

Don Broussard

3547 posts in 2246 days

#1 posted 02-19-2013 02:13 AM

Those are clamps for panel glue-ups. They hold the boards flat as well as providing pressure for the edge glue-up.

-- People say I hammer like lightning. It's not that I'm fast -- it's that I never hit the same place twice!

View ddockstader's profile


155 posts in 3256 days

#2 posted 02-19-2013 02:17 AM

They are called ShopSmith Double Bar Clamps. Search for that on eBay and you’ll see 3 of them on there right now.

View Dallas's profile


3599 posts in 2481 days

#3 posted 02-19-2013 02:18 AM

Here they are Holbs. They are wonderful at doing what they do. (In my opinion).
Another nice thing is that you only need to build longer boards to use in larger glueups.

-- Improvise.... Adapt...... Overcome!

View Holbs's profile


1863 posts in 2024 days

#4 posted 02-19-2013 02:23 AM

OOOoooo… these could come in handy down the road.
thanks guys!

-- The Carpenter Bee is derived from the Ancient Greek word wood-cutter

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics