Decording information printed on back of sandpaper

  • Advertise with us

« back to Finishing forum

Forum topic by JesseTutt posted 02-13-2013 11:04 PM 838 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View JesseTutt's profile


854 posts in 2079 days

02-13-2013 11:04 PM

Topic tags/keywords: sandpaper drum sander

I have a roll of 3” wide sandpaper. The back of the paper says the following:

Klingspor cs311 oc p150 x Antistatic 458

I have figured out that this is a Klingspor brand and 150 grit.

Can anyone tell me what the other information means?
I am looking for type of grit and weight of paper in particular.

-- Jesse, Saint Louis, Missouri

1 reply so far

View MonteCristo's profile


2099 posts in 2157 days

#1 posted 02-14-2013 12:59 AM

The “P150” is the grit, the P referring to the FEPA rating system as opposed to the CAMI rating system. The “oc” means open coat” and refers to how the grit is stuck on. The “c” in cs311 likely refers to the weight of the paper, it being C weight in this case, with “A” and “B” being lighter and “D” being heavier weight.

“Antistatic” means it’s been coated to help avoid clogging. Sometimes this is referred to as “stearated”. I have found this kind to be much better than non-stearated papers.

-- Dwight - "Free legal advice available - contact Dewey, Cheetam & Howe""

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics