Where can I get some buckeye burl?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Wood & Lumber forum

Forum topic by Mip posted 01-13-2013 02:41 AM 1000 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Mip's profile


453 posts in 2223 days

01-13-2013 02:41 AM

Topic tags/keywords: buckeye burl

Hello everybody. First time asking a question here. I am in the process of making my mom a three tier routed bowl set with the dividers machined in. Does anybody know where I can get some buckeye burl? I need it to be at least 13 inches wide, but if it’s 6 or 7 inches, I can always cut it in half and glue it up to be a 12 inch diameter bowl provided the board is long enough to cut it and glue it edge to edge. I also need it to finish out at 2 inches thick, so 2 and a quarter, 2 and a half inches thick rough would be fine. I checked with Oregon burls, but they are out of it right now. I also checked with Cook woods and I only found boards that weren’t thick enough, or had a live edge on one side, and I need it to make a complete circle. Any information would be very helpful. Thanks everybody.

2 replies so far

View robert triplett's profile

robert triplett

1566 posts in 3250 days

#1 posted 01-13-2013 05:25 AM

Try rockbswesternwoods or go to woodbarter.

-- Robert, so much inspiration here, and now time to work!!!

View Mip's profile


453 posts in 2223 days

#2 posted 01-13-2013 11:21 PM

Robert, I just sent an email to Rocky, and he responded already! Pretty good customer service, I’d say. He’s got to check his stash and get back to me. Thanks for your advice.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics