"Antique" Molly Screw Anchors

  • Advertise with us

« back to Coffee Lounge forum

Forum topic by sonnyr posted 12-18-2012 08:35 PM 942 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View sonnyr's profile


131 posts in 2124 days

12-18-2012 08:35 PM

Topic tags/keywords: molly screw

I found a few boxes of “Molly Screw Anchors” when we cleaned out my father’s stash of old items. These are circa 1950’s and came with complete instructions on their usage. There is a box of newer hollow wall anchors in the picture to show the differences.
Thought some old timers like me would get a kick out of this.

-- I may be slow, but I'm easy to stop!!!

2 replies so far

View Surfside's profile


3389 posts in 2169 days

#1 posted 12-18-2012 08:39 PM

You may want to visit
Well, there are guys here can help you out though.

-- "someone has to be wounded for others to be saved, someone has to sacrifice for others to feel happiness, someone has to die so others could live"

View SCOTSMAN's profile


5849 posts in 3580 days

#2 posted 12-18-2012 09:10 PM

Hi over here we call them plasterboard wall anchors and you can still buy them. Alistair

-- excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics