more raised panel stuff

  • Advertise with us

« back to Woodworking Skill Share forum

Forum topic by Ben posted 12-15-2012 11:10 PM 1062 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Ben's profile


372 posts in 2855 days

12-15-2012 11:10 PM

A friend has these raised panel cabinet doors that I like a lot.

They were originally passage doors.

But I like the very subtle, minimal raise, with the entire panel still inset from the door frame.

How would you guys go about duplicating this? Table saw? Router bit and just take off less?
I’d like to do 3/4 – 7/8” thick doors.

Also, at the top of the bevel, there is not an abrupt right angle but a very slight radius.

The Amana historical Shaker set I guess looks pretty close? But it’s a bit more of a severe raise.

Thanks guys.

2 replies so far

View kizerpea's profile


774 posts in 2365 days

#1 posted 12-16-2012 12:26 AM

looks like they were cut by hand…i would use the table saw to cut the panels….


View ,'s profile


2387 posts in 3545 days

#2 posted 12-16-2012 01:03 AM

A ts would work but I would look for a sharper cutter that matched the profile and proper degree of angle that matched that panel. I think freeborne has a range of cutters that would come close. I prefer this because we do a lot of projects and I would just add the cutter to our selection for possible future jobs. If it is just a couple of doors, then the ts.

-- .

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics