.4 mm or smaller rollerball pen kits

  • Advertise with us

« back to Designing Woodworking Projects forum

Forum topic by JADobson posted 12-03-2012 05:56 AM 1016 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View JADobson's profile


741 posts in 1654 days

12-03-2012 05:56 AM

Topic tags/keywords: pen turning

I’ve just started turning pens but I’ve got a problem. I’m quite particular about what kind of pen I write with and I am having trouble finding a kit in the style that I like. I don’t like to write with pens that have a tip wider that .5 mm; .4 is better, basically the smaller the better. Does anyone know if kits exist for pens of this sort. Thanks.

-- James

2 replies so far

View colynjames's profile


4 posts in 1544 days

#1 posted 12-03-2012 06:23 AM

Just shooting from the hip here, but you might want to see if those more “standard” kits will accept refills of a smaller tip diameter. Most of them have the same sized diameter until they narrow down to the cone that holds the ball, so they shouldn’t get sloppy. You could probably confirm this by heading to the local Staples or office supply store and make them put a smaller diameter refill into the standard pen.

I may have just shot myself in the foot, so if anyone has any experience in this, let me know, because I plan to turn a few pens in the future.

View JADobson's profile


741 posts in 1654 days

#2 posted 12-03-2012 06:25 AM

That’s a good idea, I didn’t think of that. I’ll look into it.

-- James

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics