pattern makers jointer?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by xylophage posted 10-04-2012 05:37 PM 1842 views 0 times favorited 4 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View xylophage's profile


70 posts in 2531 days

10-04-2012 05:37 PM

Can anyone tell me the difference between a regul

-- D.A Winograsky

4 replies so far

View Bill White's profile

Bill White

4929 posts in 3957 days

#1 posted 10-04-2012 05:50 PM

Regul what?


View Loren's profile


10384 posts in 3645 days

#2 posted 10-04-2012 05:57 PM

A pattern maker’s jointer has additional adjustments for
cutting special tapers used in foundry patterns.

View killerb's profile


150 posts in 2395 days

#3 posted 10-04-2012 05:57 PM

Regular jointer and a patternmaker’s jointer? With a pattern maker’s jointer, there is a lever which causes the table to make a spring joint. If you look on the vintage machinery site and look for pattern maker’s jointers, you will see the lever on the side. Porter was one company, Oliver was another. There were some others as well. bob

-- Bob

View xylophage's profile


70 posts in 2531 days

#4 posted 10-04-2012 07:51 PM

I dont know what happened to the rest of my text. But, it seams you got the jist of my question. Thanks for the clarification on the difference between the two machines.

-- D.A Winograsky

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics