Unusual Router Guide with Scribers - for which router?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by skruft posted 10-03-2012 04:01 PM 1629 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View skruft's profile


8 posts in 2084 days

10-03-2012 04:01 PM

I found a router edge guide (see pictures) but am not sure which router it is made for – perhaps you can advise. The rails are 3-1/4” apart and flat on one side. It will fit my DeWalt 2hp plunge router.

Also there is one feature that I have never seen. On the ends of both rails are pointed studs, presumably scribers, that can be extended down to where the wood would be. I wonder why those are there. They seem to have come with the guide because the rails are very nicely scalloped where they come out on the round side. Could they be meant as sort of an elaborate mortise marker?

2 replies so far

View Loren's profile


10260 posts in 3613 days

#1 posted 10-03-2012 04:17 PM

Could be. I’d turn the rails around so the pointy things are butted
up against the router body. Sticking out like that they are a

View FirehouseWoodworking's profile


705 posts in 3238 days

#2 posted 10-03-2012 05:10 PM

I would presume that they may actually be a trammel point of sorts.

The bar would function independent of the fence. One would slide the bar out of the fence and install the bar onto the router. Set the distance from the pointed pin to the router bit and viola’. You are routing circles!

Least ways, that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.


-- Dave; Lansing, Kansas

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics