Help Identifying Part in Rockler Pizza Cutter Kit

  • Advertise with us

« back to Wood & Lumber forum

Forum topic by MPLSGEEK posted 09-30-2012 02:09 PM 969 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View MPLSGEEK's profile


3 posts in 2088 days

09-30-2012 02:09 PM

Hi everyone. I need some help identifying the 3/8’s threaded insert in the Pizza cutter kit. I broke two of the inserts and would like to find where I can order just the threaded insert. Anyone have a source to order these from on the net?


3 replies so far

View lew's profile


12101 posts in 3779 days

#1 posted 09-30-2012 10:39 PM

The pizza cutter uses the 5/16”. I didn’t realize it when I was making the first handle that the insert was tapered. Split the handle.

-- Lew- Time traveler. Purveyor of the Universe's finest custom rolling pins.

View jjturner's profile


1 post in 2078 days

#2 posted 10-10-2012 03:34 PM

Rockler also sells bags of replacement inserts in their catalog, item #31880. It also helps to predrill and install the insert before turning and mount your stock onto a 5/16” threaded rod that is chucked in a drill chuck on the head stock of your lathe. They also sell a mandrel for this Item #43469 in their catalog. Nice thing about the mandrel is it has a 1” shoulder on it that indicates exactly how much your diameter needs to be turned to match the hardware.

View MPLSGEEK's profile


3 posts in 2088 days

#3 posted 10-10-2012 04:44 PM

Thats great, that is exactly what I was looking for!

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics