|Forum topic by Loren||posted 07-30-2012 11:55 PM||1123 views||0 times favorited||2 replies|
07-30-2012 11:55 PM
I never use a drum sander to make nice curves.
Sometimes I pattern-rout them if I need several of the
Otherwise, here’s what I use:
1. I mark out and bandsaw or jigsaw to a line.
2. I hack off unaesthetic bulges with a drawknife or
3. I get at it with rasps, attacking easily discerned flaws
4. I refine with more draw filing with metal files. I have
5. hit the file marks with a scraper, then sand.
This whole process is pretty quick, requires no jigs,