|Forum topic by JoeyG||posted 06-07-2012 02:02 AM||776 views||0 times favorited||2 replies|
06-07-2012 02:02 AM
I would like to start a friendly competition based on the works of Frank Lloyd Wright. The rules are pretty basic and I have tried to make them so that anyone can enter no matter what your woodworking style is.
1) The piece must be based on a work or works of Frank Lloyd Wright.
2) The piece must be a box or vessel. Basically it must be able to hold something inside it.
3) Any woodwork technique can be used as long as it fits in with the other rules.
4) Any materials can be used as long at least 50% of the piece is made of wood. Plastics, metals, glass, whatever you can image and work into the piece.
5) All pieces must be posted on September 1, 2012. When you post your piece name it FLW and you name/handle.
6) Who ever gets the most views and the most comments wins.
7) Must be a new piece made for this contest. We will use the honor system here.
My purpose for this contest is not to see who is the best at this or that, it is to see what kind of creative ideas we can come up with from a common idea.
I chose September 1st because the summer is a busy time and I wanted everybody who wanted to participate to have time to design and build their piece for the contest.
-- JoeyG ~~~ http://www.facebook.com/JHGWoodWorks