Folding desk/table plans

  • Advertise with us

« back to Designing Woodworking Projects forum

Forum topic by Jay1524 posted 04-23-2012 03:01 PM 4889 views 0 times favorited 1 reply Add to Favorites Watch
View Jay1524's profile


3 posts in 2220 days

04-23-2012 03:01 PM

I’d like to find plans for a folding desk or writing table. I’m sure plans are available but I don’t know what this type of desk or table is called. I found this picture of Theodore Roosevelt’s folding desk that he used while in Africa on the National Museum of American History web site. ( Thanks!

1 reply so far

View tenontim's profile


2131 posts in 3740 days

#1 posted 04-23-2012 03:39 PM

These are usually called a “campaign desk”. The top is basically a box with hinges in the middle, that folds up, and the organizer will fit inside. The legs fit into pockets made into the corners and they also stow in the box. The width of the box should be wide enough to stow the legs, which should be about 29” long. Other than that, you can design this to your own specs.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics