Does anyone know what this item is ?

  • Advertise with us

« back to Jigs & Fixtures forum

Forum topic by tcagogo posted 03-16-2012 03:20 PM 875 views 0 times favorited 3 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View tcagogo's profile


1 post in 1684 days

03-16-2012 03:20 PM

I picked up a Delta Milwaukee wood lathe awhile back. This item was included . I originally thought it was a collett holder with 6 colletts. Now I don’t think it is. There are no markings at all. The 6 things that look like colletts are identical , made of aluminum , and have a 3/4” bore. Colletts usually have slits to allow you to draw down on the work piece. These don’t have any slits, and as I said they are all identical. I can’t figure out what it is. If anyone knows please, let me know. Thanks

3 replies so far

View Bertha's profile


12989 posts in 2115 days

#1 posted 03-16-2012 03:38 PM

Fishing rod holder for the front of your truck? lol:)

-- My dad and I built a 65 chev pick up.I killed trannys in that thing for some reason-Hog

View chrisstef's profile


15472 posts in 2428 days

#2 posted 03-16-2012 03:43 PM

Thats a holder for knibbler pins, no doubt about it.

-- "there aren’t many hand tools as awe-inspiring as the #8 jointer. I mean, it just reeks of cast iron heft and hubris" - Smitty

View patron's profile


13524 posts in 2762 days

#3 posted 03-16-2012 03:46 PM

i thought we did this yesterday

it is a drilling jig
for inset mortice locks

here is a more modern version

-- david - only thru kindness can this world be whole . If we don't succeed we run the risk of failure. Dan Quayle

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics