Splitter For Older Craftsman Tablesaw

  • Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by Mean_Dean posted 03-12-2012 05:48 PM 5660 views 0 times favorited 4 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Mean_Dean's profile


6410 posts in 3110 days

03-12-2012 05:48 PM

Greetings All!

I have a 1950’s-era Craftsman tablesaw, and I’d like it to have a splitter. After having a few kickback incidents while ripping, I’ve decided a splitter is absolutely necessary!!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to add one to my tablesaw? Are there any aftermarket products available? Any help will be much apprecitated!


-- Dean -- "Don't give up the ship -- fight her 'till she sinks!" Capt James Lawrence USN

4 replies so far

View geoscann's profile


258 posts in 2243 days

#1 posted 03-12-2012 06:01 PM

Micro jig makes a system and rockler sells them.

-- BIG geo ---Occam,s razor The simplist answer is often correct

View oluf's profile


260 posts in 3002 days

#2 posted 03-13-2012 02:49 AM

Have you checked with Sears to see if they still sell the guard and splitter for your model?

-- Nils, So. Central MI. Wood is honest.Take the effort to understand what it has to tell you before you try to change it.

View tenontim's profile


2131 posts in 3707 days

#3 posted 03-13-2012 03:20 PM

I made one for my Delta contractor out of a 1” x 1/8” steel strap. Mounted it where the guard used to be. Not a riving knife, but it keeps the kick backs away.

View IrreverentJack's profile


727 posts in 2806 days

#4 posted 03-13-2012 04:10 PM

Lots of choices Dean, Grip-Tite, Micro-Jig, home made. You’ll want a zero clearance insert too. -Jack

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics