Name that finish

  • Advertise with us

« back to Finishing forum

Forum topic by SuburbanDon posted 02-29-2012 07:02 PM 872 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View SuburbanDon's profile


487 posts in 3197 days

02-29-2012 07:02 PM

Hi, I was wondering if you guys could help me identify this finish and hopefully type of wood. It’s an end table I have and my wife me to copy this for a table I’m going to make. Thanks.

-- --- Measure twice, mis-cut, start over, repeat ---

2 replies so far

View dbray45's profile


3320 posts in 2979 days

#1 posted 02-29-2012 07:32 PM

Looks like a hickory faux finish. From what I have seen, when somebody speckles paint into a finish, its not good.

-- David in Damascus, MD

View stefang's profile


16140 posts in 3537 days

#2 posted 02-29-2012 07:47 PM

Not sure Don. The speckles are pretty typical of traditional and transition factory finished furniture to give it an antique look and doesn’t denote the quality. The wood grain looks like genuine hardwood to me, but I don’t know which one.

-- Mike, an American living in Norway.

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics