• Advertise with us

« back to Power Tools, Hardware and Accessories forum

Forum topic by wlg64 posted 02-10-2012 08:58 PM 1457 views 0 times favorited 5 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View wlg64's profile


4 posts in 2326 days

02-10-2012 08:58 PM

I just bought a Shopsmith Mark 5-B ss197064, I don’t understand the B part in the Mark 5. How can I tell when it was made?
Thanks for any help.

5 replies so far

View Mark Shymanski's profile

Mark Shymanski

5621 posts in 3742 days

#1 posted 02-22-2012 12:03 AM

Does the Shopsmith site offer any help?

-- "Checking for square? What madness is this! The cabinet is square because I will it to be so!" Jeremy Greiner LJ Topic#20953 2011 Feb 2

View doncutlip's profile


2832 posts in 3585 days

#2 posted 02-22-2012 12:17 AM

View wlg64's profile


4 posts in 2326 days

#3 posted 02-22-2012 12:45 AM

I just bought a used Shopsmith Mark V-B serial # 197064, I think it was made in 1984-85? It has no saw guard upper or lower. I need to get saw guards for it. What part #s do I need? Also what does the B stand for? This is a pick. of the info plate.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Thanks, Bill

View wlg64's profile


4 posts in 2326 days

#4 posted 02-22-2012 01:37 AM

I did contact Shopsmith, they were not much help.

View rockb's profile


22 posts in 3613 days

#5 posted 03-10-2013 12:28 AM

Hey Bill, I know this is an old post but didja ever find an upper/lower blade guard? Got one if you’re still looking…...Rocky

-- I know the Creator of wood......Yeah, I'm a name dropper. : )

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics