What do you think these are

  • Advertise with us

« back to Hand Tools forum

Forum topic by snowdog posted 01-21-2012 03:49 PM 1084 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View snowdog's profile


1164 posts in 4009 days

01-21-2012 03:49 PM

Topic tags/keywords: tools

I think these are tools to make fishing nets and rope but I really have no idea.

-- "so much to learn and so little time"..

2 replies so far

View BobM001's profile


388 posts in 2357 days

#1 posted 01-21-2012 04:08 PM

The tool on the left is called a “fid”. It is used for making splices much as a marlinspike would be used but on larger line. I think you may be right with the others for net repairing.


-- OK, who's the wise guy that shrunk the plywood?

View David Kirtley's profile

David Kirtley

1286 posts in 3024 days

#2 posted 01-21-2012 07:54 PM

They are for working wire rope. The hooked ones are for pulling strands back through

-- Woodworking shouldn't cost a fortune:

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics