Jet clamps

  • Advertise with us

« back to Hand Tools forum

Forum topic by madbrad posted 12-20-2011 07:33 PM 999 views 0 times favorited 2 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View madbrad's profile


2 posts in 2547 days

12-20-2011 07:33 PM

Not too many years ago Jet sold a clamp with a toggle type handle and of course like most things that work well they disappeared from the market. Has anyone seen these else where?

2 replies so far

View TCCcabinetmaker's profile


932 posts in 2553 days

#1 posted 12-23-2011 10:59 AM

Are you talking about the alluminum ones with the spring loaded stops the catch on bumps in the tracks? If so Jergenson makes some, and they’re available at HF, but I don’t recomend the later option, quality has been an issue in about 75% of the ones I’ve seen from there.

-- The mark of a good carpenter is not how few mistakes he makes, but rather how well he fixes them.

View madbrad's profile


2 posts in 2547 days

#2 posted 12-24-2011 12:13 AM

Not sure about the spring loaded thing. they are bar clamps, with notches that catch the movable side, throat of 4.5 inches. the handle is not stationary but a toggle. these are heavy clamps not made of aluminum/

Have your say...

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: Any posts on LJ are posted by individuals acting in their own right and do not necessarily reflect the views of LJ. LJ will not be held liable for the actions of any user.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics